Friday, 12 September 2008

Fishy Family!


Okay! I mentioned earlier I'm gonna intro my fishy family right !
Above is a Candid shot i got of my 2ft tank..
If you can see clearly, all my 5 bichirs are there.
2 white, 2 grey and 1 patterned.

I have 3 tanks..
1st Tank - 2 feet - 5 bichirs + 1 大便鱼.. (above)
2nd Tank - 1 foot - 3 bichirs (1 grey 2 white)
3rd Tank - slightly bigger than 1 foot - recuperating tank for Long Long (my currently sick fish - but healing..) Inside the tank I put Melafix (medicine), so cannot combine him with his brothers and sisters in his original tank (1st Tank)

All in all, I have 9 bichirs and 1 da bian fish.
Of the 9 bichirs, i have 4 红眼龙,3 九捷龙,1 花龙,and 1 孔龙王。。
Individual introduction will be shown below..
But pardon for not so clear pictures.. they are just TOO Active!
Keep moving around! =)


Funny picture, they like to squeeze at that corner since Huahua (back) came.
Dunno what's wrong.. hehe..


In goes 20+ frogs as feeders for all my fish.
As much as I feel sad for the frogs/fish/prawns, they are needed to keep my babies alive.



Okay, first introduction, 肥肥 the 红眼龙 (back) and 小灰 the normal 九捷龙 (front)
肥肥 is a short body bichir.
His body will always be short compared to other normal bichirs.
He looks so cute here. Luckily Edmund choose him at the shop! =)
(1st Tank)

We bought 小灰 from Qian Hu Fish Farm the other day.
He and his friend (大灰) are tough cookies.
They attack their food like nobody, even though they are the smallest in the tank!
(1st Tank)


Here is 艘艘 the 红彦龙! Actually he is not really very sou anymore.
But we bought 肥肥 together with him.
Compared to 肥肥 at that time, 艘艘真的很艘!
But he proved more vicious than 肥肥,
Eating more fish!
Now he is longer and fatter than 肥肥,
But we won't change his name =)
(1st Tank)



Here is 大大。。 红眼龙 too
He is in the 2nd Tank.
He is very puny compared to the fish in the 1st Tank.
So we decided to put him in this 2nd Tank.
He eats a lot more than his tank mates (Below 2),
That's why Edmund and I named him 大大
He was bought from C328 (Clementi 328)


大大's Tank mate from 2nd Tank, 小小!
He is really a very Puny 红眼龙!!
大大 is probably 2 times bigger than he is!
I sayang him a lot, because I always worry that he is not eating.
But I'm glad today. I saw him eating a frog.
Btw, in this picture, he just swallowed the frog,
Can anyone tell? his throat looks bigger than normal.
Bought from C328 again!



3rd Resident in Tank 2: 灰灰
He is pretty independent and quick.
So I no need to worry so much about him!
Also ex resident from Clementi!
But not same stall.



Picture of 灰灰 eating a frog.
Biting it's leg.
Seriously, this pic indeed a bit gruesome man.


大灰!!!
This fish!
So greeeedddddyyyyyyyyyy..
The frog in his mouth.. I think
it's his 3rd frog of the evening STRAIGHT Lor.
Look at that fatty stomach.
Halfway through eating this frog, 小灰 actually came and..
Snatch the frog from him.
In e end, half of the frog's body was in each of their mouth.
Urgggg.
Anyway, he is from Qian Hu, same breed as 小灰 , currently residing in 1st Tank too!



Okay, here he is.
龙龙!!
He is the 孔龙王..
One of the higher graded Bichir compared to the rest.
The kind that no other bichir will ka jiao or even bother to knock into.
But, he is sick lah now.
Have to isolate him and cure him.
You prolly can't see, but his left eye is cloudy.
Sorry for the lousy pictures.
His tank water not very clean yeah. =)
Bought from Qian Hu!
Now in 3rd Tank!


Last breed of my bichir kiddos.
I shall introduce...
花花 the 花龙!!
Pardon the name. We just anyhow think wan.
This breed is said to be the most aggressive Bichir of all.
but dunno why..
Mine always hide at that corner (Look at first picture)
Whenever me and Edmund walk into the room.
I think it's really shy lah.
The pattern is very nice.. And he swims very fast too!!
Not forgetting, He ACCIDENTALLY ate one of my smaller bichirs..
灰灰's brother. T_T
Will never forget that day when I went to Dear's house and found the small bichir missing..
and saw 花花's big bulgy stomach.
urgghh!!
Oh ya, By the way, he is from Clementi 328 too. Currently in my Tank 1!


Last but not least..
I would like to introduce my tank-keeper, 黑黑!!
Theoretically, he is incharge of eating all the shit and fungi.
However, we found out that his love for SHIT was not so deep.
He prefered sucking my bichirs and eating pellets!
Nevermind though, because I treat it as he is giving my bichirs a full body massage.
Probably can't see this picture clearly,
Apologize for that, because he didnt wanna come out of the log lah!
But you can see his eyes here!
Bought from Bedok res.
Residing in 1st Tank.


I snapped this picture before going off.
Apparently 花花 was facing me. That's why i decided to take a shot.
If not I can never take a good shot of him de.
Den, he notices the camera and decided to swim backwards, side by side.
(That explains his blur face)
But I think 肥肥/艘艘 is not camara shy!
So cute right his expression here!
Looking straight into the cam..

With that, I end my introduction.
These fish are Edmund's and my babies.
I can actually spend the whole night sitting in front of their tank observing them,
swimming around, hunting for food, coming up for air...
All my babies.. Mummy & Daddy love u all always k..
=D

No comments: