My internet connection is rather cranky at the moment.. and so is my mood.. =x
Some one just irritated me off totally. Maybe I'm not obvious enough when I am pissed off or getting a little fed up.. So people can't interpret anything from the look on my face. As they say, the eyes are the window to your soul. Look into my eyes as we speak and you will know what I feeling (almost).
So, I'm in the midst of my prelim exam period and of course, what do people do when their exams are nearing? They study right? And this friend of mine had to ask me out not just once, twice, but three times! Okay, usually will just reply.. "Can't, I'll be studying" or something along that line. (note: of course I do not do that to all my friends! Friends whom I know I will spend quality time with, are all the more welcome to ask me out, if time permits) But apparently this person asks me to go chillax with him and probably take a break by going to a movie! Okay, firstly, we just knew each other. I'm not even sure if i can click well with you. What if i agreed, and have nothing to say to you during our outing! My time will be wasted! Not only I am not spending my time productively, I bet I would also be wondering what time I can get back home! Okay, up to this point, people may be wondering why am I acting so snobbish (got people ask you out you should be happy already! Still come here complain!?!) Of course I am happy that people are asking me out. But in the event that I say no, I can't, at least be more gentlemanly and understand that there are several reasons as to why I rejected right.
Apparantly this person doesn't. Okay, maybe his perception of exams are different from mine. Yes, I understand that in poly, mugging 1 week before the exam may still yield you high grades. But not for uol or any other universities (I presume). Most people from uol at this point of time, are usually pretty stressed out and experiencing information overload. Maybe the person doesn't understand this point. But, know what he said? He said "oooh, You're from uni, I was from poly, so can't go out lor" Like, seriously! How unreasonable can one get. First, you misunderstood me. Second, you make me out to me someone i am not.
And yes, I am pissed off by this. Not by the fact that he asked me out many times.. but by the fact that he assume whatever I said in his own context. omg. Really wanna bash him. But, I was thinking, since he already have the impression of me being like that, might as ignore him already. But no, he continued by saying "Uni students can't go out with poly grads hor". Can someone spell childish? Seriously, I contemplated explaining things to him, that whatever he thought was just plain assumptions on his side. But ever heard of the saying; "don't explain. your friends don't need explanations. your enemies won't believe in you." ? I just decided to type. Think whatever you want. Bye.
Haha. Anyway, the person has already apologized so all is fine now. I just needed to rant!
Okay, on a lighter note. I think some of my friends know that I have been feeding dogs. I've been doing it since I think last June? Made a couple of dog feeding friends too. And that some of my friends would know about that near serious accident that one of the dogs I've been feeding encountered. Not going to type the whole issue here since A (the dog's initial)'s wounds are healing and apparently there is no internal injury. But seriously, I just wish for her to stop chasing cars. She is young and very active. She has a lot of energy pent-up and usually, domestic dogs overcome this issue by having the opportunity to go for walks and runs with their owners. But stray dogs do not have this luxury. How I wish every time I feed her, I can just put a leash on her and bring her for a run, to make her exhausted so she won't have the tendency to chase cars again, and to be faced with the risk of getting into yet another accident. She is just a dog, she treats this chasing car thing as a game for her; her entertainment.
Seriously, that accident haunted me pretty bad. It happened right before me.. Never have I heard her cry before. And the way she ran back to me on 3 legs with the left hind leg looking like jelly was so scary. She was scared stiff. But no, it was not enough to deter her from chasing cars 2 hours later. -_- We tried tugging her collar whenever she attempts to chase cars, other even tried hitting her and splashing water on her. Apparently she is still so gungho about car chasing.. Anyone has any suggestions or remedies that they can share? Thanks in advance!
I was thinking, what do stray dogs usually do? How do they usually spend their day away? Sun sets and night comes, night goes and sun rises. Don't they get bored seeing the same things all over again? So poor thing. =( Morning: Wake up. Nua. Afternoon: Nua. Look for food under the hot sun. Evening: Nua, enjoy the evening breeze, if any. Night: Nua. Wait for dog feeders (if any). Midnight to 4am: NUA NUA NUA. Speaking of which, the weather is so hot now. A and another dog are at the field (By right). When we humans are asked to stand under the hot sun in a field, we complain. Even to stand under the hot sun along the road or whatever, we whine. Stray dogs, do they have a choice? Yes they can go under trees. But the sun is to scorching that the whole field will be so hot. They eat leftover food or normal dog biscuits, dogs with proper homes eat atas food and sometimes even have a meal specially whipped up for them. They sleep on roads, cement, concrete, field, while the latter sleep on their own bed, cushion, and even their owners' bed. Dogs with proper homes have tons of toys to keep them company (Provided they have responsible owners who truly care about their welfare), while the poor stray dogs have probably flies, cockroaches, rats and worms for company. They get to whine to no one, get pats and scratches from no one, do not take baths, do not brush teeth, and some may be even subjected to bullying from strangers. The weakest usually die of hunger and the ones that live are really strong.
One disadvantage of feeding dogs is the relationship that you form with them. Some stray dogs are afraid of humans and will not touch the food unless you walk away. There is no opportunity for bonding, not that it's necessary, as the main aim is to provide them with food, so it isn't a problem. Other dogs, are damn friendly, allows you to pat them and sayang them. Licks your hand and legs whenever they see you. Run to you when they see you from afar and jumps on you so that you catch their 2 front legs and dance with them. You really see no reason not to reciprocate by giving her pats and scratches. But every time when you leave the scene, she will be chasing your vehicle, with eyes telling you "pls don't leave, play with me". Okay, maybe she doesn't mean that, hahaha. But still, the sight of the dog chasing you when you're driving away. It really hurts. What we would do is to usually pick up the speed so that she can't catch up and stops to catch her breath. Seems so heartless but what to do?
okay. I think to be able to continue with my dog feeding, I must learn to no longer form close relationships with dogs le.. But of course, my relationship with Antelope has began and I'm not so mean to let it end. One thing is that, you won't know what if one day you go back and there is no sign of her.. What if one day she gets adopted? - which is a good thing actually. What if one day she leaves? Trying not to be too negative here, just being realistic.. I have strong emotions with regards to pets.. that's just the way I am. When my darling ("v") wilbert ("v") passed away 5 years back, I grieved and mourned everyday and night. Even thinking about him at this moment gets me all teary and nose-blocked.
Apologise for this emotional post. Frustration at the beginning and sadness at the end. I haven't done any studying today. Should I just let today be my off-day?
Saturday, 6 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment